Microsoft Exchange Server users and administrators face a lot of issues. There are a lot of things – big or small – that could happen to an Exchange Server. These are:
- A sudden loss of power on the server. This would mean that the server didn’t have enough time to gracefully shutdown the database and commit any changes or open transaction logs.
- An issue during the installation of third-party application or a Cumulative Update (CU) could put an Exchange Server unusable with services not starting.
- A malicious attack on the server can have huge repercussions on the server.
- Having a non-compatible antivirus can lock Exchange Server files and corrupt or damage the database and transaction logs.
- A non-compatible backup software can back up the files but not able to restore them. The server would end up with all the storage consumed, which could lead to missing or corrupted files.
In such scenarios, using the native tools, you can recover the Exchange Server. However, it’s not a 100% guarantee that the data will be recovered. If the Exchange Server fails, you can create a new Exchange Server but the databases are not easily portable. If there are missing transaction logs, the database will not mount. If the database is in dirty shutdown state, you would need to use the ESEUtil to try to recover it. Performing soft recovery might fix small corruptions, but hard recovery will result in data loss as it just purges anything which is deemed damaged. After all this ordeal which would require long period of downtime, extra resources, and possible data loss, you could remain with an unusable Exchange Server an unmounted database.
That’s where you need an application like Stellar Repair for Exchange that can help to resolve such issues in the least possible time and with no data loss.
Why you need Stellar Repair for Exchange?
Stellar Repair for Exchange can help reduce the amount of time to recover from server crash. The application can open any version of Exchange Server database. You can open healthy or even corrupted databases with missing transaction logs. You can easily and granularly export the recovered database to PST and other formats. From the application itself, you can easily export recovered database directly to Office 365 and live Exchange Server database of any version.
This Exchange database recovery application has the following functions:
- Recover data from any database state – be it dirty shutdown or healthy
- Open multiple Exchange Server databases from any version
- No size limit on the databases
- Export recovered database to PST and other formats, like EML, MSG, PDF, and HTML
- Export recovered database to live Exchange Server or Office 365 tenant
Install and use Stellar Repair for Exchange
The installation of the software is easy as it takes only a few minutes. You don’t need much resources to run the application. It can be installed on a Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11 machines or a Windows Server operating system.
Select EDB File
After installation, when you open the application, you will be prompted to choose the EDB file location. If you don’t know the location, click Find and the application will find it for you.
Scan EDB File
After this, you can select the quick scan or deep scan mode. Depending if you are just recovering data from a restored database file or a corrupted file, you can choose the type of scan.
Don’t worry about re-scanning the database file, as you can easily save the scan and reload it another time.
Preview Recovered Database
The interface is very easy and similar to Outlook. The left pane shows the whole structure of the database, including mailboxes, shared mailboxes, archives, disabled mailboxes, system mailboxes, and public folders. At the bottom, there are buttons to switch between mail items, calendar, tasks, contacts, and journal.
The middle pane shows the list of items with full in-line search on all columns.
The right pane shows a full HTML view.
Export the Recovered Database
Now, all you need to do is to select the export option and the destination. When exporting recovered database to a live Exchange or Exchange Online on Office 365, you will also benefit from extra features like:
- Automatic or Manual mailbox matching
- Parallel Mailbox Recovery for performance
- Prioritize recovery for the most critical users or resources
After using the application, I can say that Stellar Repair for Exchange has exceeded my expectations. It has a clean interface and powerful features. I liked the inline search along with the recovery process. The application is perfect for migration purposes, with its mailbox matching and the ability to export recovered public folders with ease. It’s a great asset to recover from disastrous situations since it reduces the recovery time to the minimum with guaranteed recovery of all the data.